Thursday, July 4, 2013

Raspberry picking

Last week, Simone and I took Stella and Noah on their first pick-your-own adventure. In my head, I pictured an idyllic outing where we took an easy (40 minute) drive, spent some time meandering through the (thorny, buggy) rows of raspberries, and brought back bucketfuls of fresh picked berries and bellies full of the same. All with two toddlers. 

Okay, we're ready to go!
In reality, we got. . . Well. . . sort of what I pictured! Stella and Noah had a great time. Noah learned how to pick ripe berries from the bush, and Stella ate them out of the container almost as fast as I was able to pick them. While we didn't bring home the bucketloads I'd imagined, we did bring home enough for some raspberry bars and lots of eating straight and mixed into yogurt for breakfast and snacks.







That was fun, let's do it again sometime!
 I'd say this is a sign of a successful outing. . .






No comments:

Post a Comment